Facebook Pinterest BlogLovin' Instagram Email Image Map

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I am soooooo proud of myself today!  How many of us have made something from Pinterest and have it actually turn out like how it says it should?  Anyone?  Not me, that's for sure!  That's why I was so shocked when my bulletin board, the idea coming from Pinterest, came out AMAZING! Throughout all my back to school meetings and planning, I kept going back to my board and smiling.  I hope my kiddos feel the same when then see it next week.  

Isn't it cute?!!  So. Happy.

I wanted to make this fun and I've always felt restricted with the die cuts we have at school (not very fun...).  I don't own a cricket or other fancy cutting machines.  What to do, what to do....

After much thought, here's how I made the letters.  I downloaded MTF Jumping Jack font (because it's fun and quirky), which you can find HERE.  It's free to download as long as it's for personal use. Now here's the trick that I just learned.  It may blow your mind... ready?

Using PowerPoint on a Mac:

~ After you type your text go under Format and select Font.
~ On the left you will see Text Fill -- the color will be black, click on the bar and select No Fill.  
**DON'T PANIC**
~ Your text will seem like it has disappeared...it hasn't.  Go to Text Line.  It will say No Line. Click the color you want (I chose black). Ta da!! You can also go under Weight and Arrows and make the line thicker if you want.

You could fill with any color you want, but if you're school is like mine, we have to conserve colored ink -- really conserve.  I chose to not fill my font and then I printed onto colored construction paper. This is the first time I've done this, but what a world of difference!! 

Mind blown, right?!! Thought so...



No comments:

Post a Comment